Mainframe Automation for a Leading Insurance Company
Build, Test and Deploy through Mainframe QA Automation
Our client is a leading insurance company in the Mid-West who has significant investments in FinTech.
Their key issues:
- Driving operational and testing efficiency
- Mainframe testing was done completely manually
- Aligning the sprint cycle with mainframe dependent functionality
Ascendum was engaged to introduce and implement a mainframe QA automation solution.
So how did we do it?
- Wrote a mainframe automation suite in 4 weeks to allow the process to align with the sprints
- Analyzed the testbed and the existing approach and proposed options to incorporate legacy-capable tools
- Reviewed multiple technologies to determine a cost-effective approach to improve test coverage and efficiency
- Our client saved 40% in time and 25% in costs
- Their modern test automation framework was able to greatly expedite previous manual testing efforts
- Broader test coverage (80% to 100%) while enabling integration with other technology stacks